Extremely adventurous eaters are few and far between. For foodies who don’t enjoy eating bugs and things that crawl in the night, but do love the occasional pork belly, sheep’s head or live octopus, there are plenty of adventurous cooking blogs catered to you. Whether you want to be adventurous in your cooking abilities or get a wild hair and eat something you never dreamed of ingesting, here are 20 cooking blogs for you to feast on:
- 80 Breakfasts: With dishes like bacon pancakes, baked chili and egg and whole fish (including head and eyeballs), you can count this blog to serve up some innovative recipes for brave eaters.
- Bizarre Foods: Andrew Zimmerman’s blog may not include the same creepy-crawly foods he eats on television, but he does serve up some ethnic cuisines, such as braised rabbit in red wine and Tom Kha Gai soup.
- Weird Recipe Finds: This blogger has a plethora of bizarre recipes that only the adventurous would dare to eat.
- Serious Eats: This cooking blog is serious about eating all food � even animal innards, which is featured in the recipe section
called, The Nasty Bits.
- Chubby Hubby:
Take a walk on the wild side with some of Chubby Hubby’s adventurous recipes, like stuffed suckling pig, grilled pork neck and roasted pork belly.
- 101 Cookbooks: This award-winning blogger focuses on healthy, natural foods, specifically vegetarian recipes that will challenge meat eaters and thrill adventurous vegetarians.
- EatingAsia: Check out this blogger’s delightful Asian dishes that aren’t afraid to stray from the norm, like steamed pork belly and laab khua muu, a northern Thailand dish, with pork skin, liver and other organ meats as the main ingredients.
- The Traveler’s Lunchbox: Take a journey around the world with this blogger’s well-traveled collection of ethnic recipes and adventurous eats.
- Aapplemint: Find your inner epicurean on this blog that includes innovative recipes for baby barracuda and yam balls.
- Five flavours: Give your taste buds a meal they won’t forget with one of the many eclectic recipes from this New Zealand blogger.
- We Like it Raw: This raw food blog is fit for the adventurous, healthy eater, who isn’t afraid to try meals like raw choccie cupcakes, cilantro shakes and raw ravioli.
- Chocolate & Zucchini: Despite the title’s odd pairing, Chocolate & Zucchini isn’t completely off the wall, but it does challenge adventurous eaters to make authentic French meals.
- Meditteranean Cooking in Alaska: Check out the innovative recipes of a wife and husband, who make Mediterranean meals with Alaskan ingredients.
- Cooking with Amy:
This popular cooking blogger doesn’t skimp on the amount of recipes she shares, and lets you get as adventurous with the ingredients as your tummy desires.
- Voodoo and Sauce:
Voodoo and Sauce had adventurous eaters in mind when the blogger posted her pig roast recipe, rabbit ravioli and “white trash” delicacies, such as a chili, tater tots and macaroni and cheese combination.
- No Reservations: If there’s anyone who knows a thing or two about adventure, it’s TV personality Anthony Bourdain, whose food and travel blog will push your adventurous eating to the next level.
- Hunter Angler Gardener Cook: Get experimental with this blogger’s recipes that focus on the forgotten feast, such as wild game, bony fish and charcuteries.
- White on Rice Couple: This decorative blog also has some fantastic recipes for the adventurous eater, like Vietnamese stuffed squid and liver pate.
- Mixed Greens: Mixed Greens is perfect for the trendy and adventurous, who want to try their hand at fondue, homemade mayonnaise or gelato.
- Chow : Chow features some of the most delicious and unique recipes from around the world that are sure to tempt the most adventurous of eaters.